Bryan-College Station Drain Cleaning Services
Professional Clogged Drain Repair Services
If you notice water backing up in your shower, sink, or toilet, it means there’s a blockage in your drain. Many of these issues can simply be corrected with a plunger, but others are major problems that require the help of an expert. Clogged drains are the result of a buildup that blocks the path of your drain over time.
This is a problem that won’t solve itself; in fact, the problem will likely only get worse. That’s why you need to call Action Plumbing for our experienced Bryan-College Station drain cleaning services. We use the best technology available, including state-of-the-art camera inspections and a pin-point location system, to get to the source of your clog and remove it. Our team of Bryan & College Station drain cleaning services can clear up even the most difficult clogs.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Clogged Drains?
There are many factors that can contribute to clogged drains.
Issues that may lead to clogged drains include:
- Broken pipes
- Buildup of debris such as food, hair, soap, or grease
- Roots from plants
- Ground settling
All of this will need to be cleared up to get your drain running smoothly again. While some home or business owners may turn to chemical drain cleaners, it is important to understand that these almost always do more harm than good.
Not only are they extremely caustic and potentially dangerous to handle, but they tend to be minimally effective on the causes of the clog while potentially damaging the pipes and leading to even bigger problems in the future. Our team of Bryan & College Station drain cleaning services strongly suggest turning to the experts to ensure the safety and longevity of your plumbing system.
5 Ways To Avoid Needing Drain Cleaning
- Clean your drains at least once per month - We'd recommend a combination of warm water and vinegar for your drains, and ice cubes for your garbage disposal.
- Ponder a lint-trap - The dirt and gunk from your clothing doesn't just disappear in your washing machine. It often ends up clogging your unit's drain line and needing to be unclogged.
- Collect used cooking oils and grease in a milk carton - These sticky oils can latch on to your pipes and stop passing by foods to create nasty blockages and pooling water in your kitchen sink.
- Put a hair-filter on your shower drain - The number one reason our Bryan drain cleaning experts visit homes is to take hair out of the shower drain. These hair-stoppers are cheap pieces of plastic that can save your wallet and your pipes.
- Don't put the following foods down your garbage disposal - Coffee grounds, pasta, egg shells, chicken bones, celery, and rice should all be disposed of in your trash can.
What to Avoid Putting Down Your Drains
At Action Plumbing, we're committed to keeping your plumbing system in tip-top shape. One of the best ways to do that is by being mindful of what you put down your drains. Certain substances can cause clogs, corrosion, and other plumbing issues.
Here's a list of things you should avoid putting down your drains to maintain a smoothly flowing plumbing system:
- Grease and Cooking Oils: Pouring grease, fats, or cooking oils down your kitchen sink is a recipe for disaster. These substances can solidify and create stubborn clogs in your pipes over time. Instead, collect them in a container and dispose of them in the trash once they've cooled.
- Food Scraps: Large food scraps, like fruit peels, bones, and coffee grounds, should never go down the kitchen sink. Use a strainer or compost them to prevent blockages and keep your pipes clear.
- Hair: Hair is one of the most common a common culprit for bathroom drain clogs. Install drain screens to catch hair and regularly clean them out. Avoid washing hair down the sink or shower drain.
- Eggshells: While some believe eggshells help clean garbage disposals, they can actually create tiny, abrasive particles that contribute to clogs. Dispose of eggshells in the trash or consider composting them.
- Pasta and Rice: Starchy foods like pasta and rice can expand when exposed to water, causing blockages in your drains.
- Coffee Grounds: Coffee grounds can clump together and form sludgy masses that block drains. Dispose of them in the trash or use them as compost.
- Harsh Drain Cleaners: Avoid using harsh chemical drain cleaners regularly, as they can damage your pipes and harm the environment. If you're dealing with a clog, it's best to call a professional plumber at Action Plumbing for help.
Preventing plumbing issues starts with being mindful of what you put down your drains. By avoiding these common culprits, you can help maintain a healthy plumbing system and avoid costly repairs. If you encounter persistent clogs or plumbing problems, don't hesitate to reach out to Action Plumbing for expert assistance.
Contact Action Plumbing Today!
If you have a drain that won’t come unclogged, call our Bryan & College Station drain cleaning services. We provide 24/7 emergency plumbing services to deal with issues like clogged drains and are available whenever you need us. Our Bryan drain cleaning team understands that a drain clog can strike at the worst possible time, which is why we are always available to help our customers. We can also install new or replacement drains when the situation calls for it.
We will come to your rescue quickly! Contact our Bryan drain cleaning & repair experts today to fix your problem.